Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lupus: What I Know & What I Wanna Know


Lupus is an autoimmune disease that can affect various parts of the body. Some of the organs that lupus can affect are the skin, joints, heart, lungs, blood, kidneys and brain.

Lupus is a very sensitive subject for a lot of people and not just that people that have this disease. but also their loved ones. There are some things that I know about this subject, but there are also a lot of things that I don't know but are interested in learning. I would like to find out how do you get lupus? Is there a cure for it and what are the symptoms? In addition to that, I would like to know who is more at risk? Are woman more at risk than men? Are younger people more at risk than someone who is older? Lastly I would like to know what are the treatments that you can take if you have lupus?

I've learned that their isn't a cure for lupus. I found this out from 2 people that I personally know. One of them has been diagnoised with lupus and the other has the trait. Although there isn't a cure for this disease, adjustments in your everyday life will help out. Lupus, in the United States is more common in African Americans, Latinos, Asians, and Native Americans than Caucasians. More information is also given at http://www.lupus.org/.

Some symptoms for Lupus are hair loss, fever, skin rash, extreme fatigue, and painful or swollen joints. When symptoms girst appear, it may take months or years for a person to get diagnosed because there is no single test that can be taken to diagnose people with lupus. However, there are blood test that doctors can use to help diagnose lupus.

There are treatments that can be taken for lupus. However, a person's treatment depends on their signs and symptoms.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Tashauna

    StarNisha E.A

    1. Yes both of her post has 300 words or more.

    2. I give her page an 8 1/2 for an overall rating.

    3. I give her pictures a 10. 4. I give the post a 10 because she thoroughly explains what she knows about it from a personal aspect. Besides that her passages was informative.

    5. I give it a 10. She lists the things she wants to know and some sites.

    6. Her pictures are nice and go with her page. The picture tells you what it can affect your body and the other is showing the marathon walk for it.

    7. I took off for her having the same picture in two different colors. How much medicine do your relative take for lupus and what does if help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.yes got 300 words
    2.9
    3.10
    4.10
    5.10
    6.she got some raw picture i learned something
    7.do not have none

    ReplyDelete