Monday, March 9, 2009

Why lupus is personal for me



This disease hits home for me. I know two people with it. One person is my step-mother and she has full blown lupus. The other person is my friend in school and she just has a strong trait that comes and goes. They make me want to learn and know everything there is to know about it. I want to know when they are undergoing some of the symptoms and what can I do to help if it is possible to do so.


I know there is not a cure, but I wonder if there is some type of treatment for it. Since I know some one with this disease I wish there was a cure. They make me want to create a cure and do marathons to raise money for them. Since I am not physically going through what they are going through I am emotionally because I can not assist them. I feel hopeless when I know they are having lupus attacks and I can’t do anything. So being knowledgeable in many ways to ease the pain or help them cool off is the only way I can help them.


I am happy they are still living normal lives and not letting this get them down. I am also happy that neither one of them lost their hair. One symptom I know about is losing hair and I’m happy it didn’t get to them. I am ecstatic that they have not experienced the extreme of what lupus can do to ones body. My friend in school does get the joint pain every once in a while, but she deals with it by playing sports, dancing, and exercising to keep it under control. My godmother also goes through the joint pain, but instead of playing sports, she has to take medicine and exercise.





No comments:

Post a Comment